Saturday, June 13, 2009

La Vita Spiaggia


Buona sera! Just returned from a little escapade to Viareggio after a crazy first week in Italia. Viareggio is about an hour and a half outside of Firenze by train, so we went out and stayed for the night, ate some seriously good fish as instructed by Hannah (yes, I have begun to reform my diet to include fish, since I can't eat anything normal anymore), drank lots of vino, soaked up some rays AND bought a GUITAR for 28 euro (and began my "lessons" with Branson on the beach. We'll see how this goes).
The whole gluten-free thing hasn't been too terrible (they made me gluten-free penne at the cafeteria for dinner tonight!), but it's a pain sometimes - like when all Italians eat for breakfast are pastries and I have to eat a peach as a meal. Or when all that's around for lunch is pizza so I have to eat a gelato and call it a day (ok, that's not SO terrible). No bene. That's alright though, I'm making it work. And hey, things could be worse right? What's a little bit of starvation when you're spending the summer in Italy? Anyways, here are some pictures from Viareggio:




Likely off to Lucca for the day tomorrow, so more pictures on the way! A domani.

Ciao Amori!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment