Sunday, June 14, 2009

Domenica


So, Lucca didn't happen today, partially because I was too tired and partially because my Italian class has a trip planned sometime in July, so va bene, Lucca will happen eventually. Last night we stumbled upon the most shi-shi place for drinks in Florence (as the Four Seasons told us after the fact, we're posh and didn't even know it). It's in the Piazza Strozzi, with a seating area of white and red couches outside and a dimly-lit Tenjune meets Employees Only kind of interior. I mean, there really is no New York equivalent - where in New York can you sip cocktails and see the stars and the Palazzo Strozzi all at the same time?
After waking up at around 1 (I needed it), I strolled up the hill to Bar Lidia despite the smothering heat (90 something degrees today, oye) and had a delicious caprese salad drenched in olio, followed by an ice cream bar (part of the daily diet, of course). I started to head back towards La Pietra and decided to turn down a side street, wandering into a deserted, shady park, where I sat for awhile reading some Machiavelli, looking at the Tuscan hills in the distance, and sweating like hell. Came back to Villa Colletta to dance around in the sala musica, and now getting ready to head into town with some friends for some cibo e vino (and, lets be honest, probably some gelato as well).
(side street and the park)


(120 Via Bolognese, La Pietra through the gate)

Apparently some people are not satisfied with my lack of presence in the actual pictures - fine, fine, va bene. Proof that I'm actually here is soon to come once I steal Hannah's pictures.. A domani.

Ciao Amori!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment