Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Freedom is primarily experienced in action...to be free and to act are the same." - Hannah Arendt

Buona sera! Felice Festa di San Giovanni! Today is Florence's version of fourth of July in celebration of their patron saint, John the Baptist. This morning we had our final art history class. We met in Piazza della Signoria, where we watched the 9:30 am procession (complete with loud drums, funny little Italian ensembles with feathered hats, and the throwing of Florentine flags). Then it was to the Palazzo Vecchio before having our final class with George. Heading down to the Arno to watch the fireworks in an hour or so - our cab driver today stressed that we absolutely must go! Pictures from Palazzo Vecchio this morning:

Also, of very much importance is the fact that Ali GRADUATED from high school yesterday!! HOORAH! You made it, Alexandra (that was for Poppop), onwards and upwards you go. This obviously requires a picture of the day:
This was definitely before you chased me out of garages with brooms...ANYWAYS I love you, I'm so proud of you, and I wish I was there yesterday! I was in spirit, of course, and I expect molto pictures from your party! (Yehhh, dat's wight, yew did it - yes, that was my accent, you can't tell me to shut up via blog).

Ciao Amori!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment