Friday, June 26, 2009

"Bella che fa?"

A rainy day in Firenze today. Went to our favorite steak place last night ("I just don't understand how life could be bad if food tastes this good." - Hannah) before going to see Aida at the Boboli Gardens, which was quite lovely. Today I frolicked around Florence in the pouring rain, getting totally lost (I went in the world's biggest circle and took twenty minutes walking from Santa Maria Novella Station to Santa Maria Novella Church - they're literally back to back. Che pizza). It was nice though, I haven't yet had a chance to really get lost in the city - although the rain was a pain in the ass. It was the kind of rain that comes at you in every direction, so regardless of an umbrella (which I've determined must have some holes in it or something) I was completely soaking wet by the time I waded through the rivers (streets) and arrived at a spa on the far side of the Arno at Porta Romana. I stayed there for a couple hours, got a much-needed massage, then went to the Gallatin farewell dinner at Il Latini with the whole class (including some professional idiots as well as George&Mimi, of course). Pictures from today:
(frolicking in the rain)
(mid-dinner photoshoot, hammy moments all around)
Currently forcing Hannah to pack and listening to Branson serenade me with MY guitar that I haven't yet had time to learn how to play. What can you do. The Gallatin program is officially over, everyone is leaving tomorrow! So sad. Tomorrow will likely be another downpour as I schlep all of my stuff from Villa Coleta over to Villa Natalia. Could be worse though, right? :)

Ciao Amori!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment