Monday, June 29, 2009

Salve!

WELL, after taking the bus down to Santa Maria Novella and walking over the Ponte alla Carraia to get to the other side of the Arno, I discovered, after about a half hour of sitting in the lobby, that Florence Dance Center is closed for the summer. Che pizza, and how typically Italian, taking vacations whenever humanly possibly. So, I stretched around in the studio a bit then found out, through my broken Italian, that the only reason the studio was open today was for some audition for their teen company in September, or something. ANYWAYS, looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of barres in the fitness room by my lonesome over the next six weeks - ballet buddies, I miss you! (and tap buddies...theatre buddies....etc etc).
Had our first day of Italian classes today! Mi piace!! Vorrei un gelato!! We had fun and learned about a month's worth of Italian in three hours. So, accordingly, io sto stanca! Currently sitting in our room with the door open and the windows wide open looking out onto the Tuscan countryside. About to shower, make some te di menta peperita and eat some gluten-free cookies. Look at this! I sit at my window and this is what I see:
A presto! A domani!

Ciao Amori!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment